MFC’s environmental and social advisory services include:
- Reviewing or creating plans for economic or physical displacement to emerging international standards
- Independent environmental and social due diligence reviews
- Environmental and social action plans
- Environmental and social management systems
- Environmental and social audits
- Environmental and social monitoring and reporting
- Training and capacity building
- Corporate governance support
MFC’s team has extensive experience applying international standards such as International Finance Corporation (IFC) Performance Standards; European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) Performance Requirements; Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Common Approaches, Equator Principles, as well as industry specific guidelines such as International Council for Mining and Metals (ICMM); International Petroleum Industry Environmental Conservation Association (IPIECA), Forest Stewardship Council, and others.
MFC’s international clients range across all business sectors including, but not limited to:
- Financial institutions
- Oil and gas
- Power (renewable energy, thermal power, hydropower)
- Forestry and industrial agriculture
- Waste Management
MFC provides independent environmental and social assessment reviews of a project’s or company’s ability to meet lenders’ standards. Remotely or in-person, we review documentation (e.g., ESIA, ESMS, etc.), conduct site visits, identify risks and impacts and assess the adequacy of the mitigation, management and monitoring of impacts. We provide companies, sponsors and funders with a thorough due diligence report including a gap analysis against international standards and recommendations to close out gaps we’ve identified. We take a risk-based approach and ultimately provide clients with a report that enables making informed decisions about the project. We also help clients find ways to close gaps by implementing fit-for-purpose systems and programs.
Our team consists of international environmental and social experts from around the globe.