MFC has always worked where our clients are. But over the years we’ve built capacity and expertise in providing clients remote management and ESMS implementation services, as well as offsite support for local teams and consultants working to international and other standards.
Given the current Covid-19 crisis, we are expanding those services so you can keep on your path of managing or improving your social and environmental performance. Your project, operation or access to funding doesn’t have to be delayed. Remotely and in-person we:
- Review environmental and social impact assessments and management plans
- Design, implement and assess social performance and environmental management systems
- Assess and implement resettlement action plans
- Review and implement socially responsible security through the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPSHR).
Some examples from our more than 18 years’ experience:
- In 2006, we successfully remotely managed a client’s program in New Caledonia that helped limit the economic displacement impacts on a group of women fishers whose livelihoods risked being wiped out by a mega extractive project.
- In 2014, we started an ongoing program of remotely advising IFC contact points, with our partner Fund for Peace, on issues related to human rights and security.
- In 2018, in Uganda we supported resettlement implementation and livelihood restoration planning through offsite coaching, capacity building, and quality control of materials produced by the national team.